PATOKA STATION LLC
- These Protective Covenants shall apply to all of the Properties
as provided in the Declaration. They shall also apply to additions
to the Properties unless the Developer shall specifically except
from these Protective Covenants such additions or a portions
thereof in the Supplemental Declaration by which the Developer
subjects such additions to the Declaration.
- The lots designated as residential in Crawford County, Indiana
shall be used for residential purposes only. No business, rental
units or commercial activity shall be allowed to be conducted
on or from any such lot, unless the lot is designated as commercial
property by the Developer or majority votes of the members.
Except for the business of the Developer in furtherance of its
- Only one (1) single family dwelling shall be erected on each
lot. Each dwelling shall contain not less than nine hundred
(900) square feet of heated and enclosed floor space, and one
(1) full bathroom, exclusive of porches, garages, terraces,
and patios. In addition to the dwelling only one (1) detached
garage or storage building may be built contemporaneously with
or after construction of the dwelling house, but not before.
- All dwellings' exteriors must be approved by the ACC and be
designated as "Rustic" fitting with the development's
- No mobile home, modular home, trailer, or similar structure
shall be allowed on any lot. No trailer, mobile home, or any
other type of movable home, basement, tent, or garage shall
at any time be used as a residence on said property.
- No basement, foundation, or unfinished dwelling shall be used
for residential purposes, and no dwelling shall be occupied
until construction has been substantially completed. Construction
of a dwelling shall be substantially completed within nine (9)
months from the date of commencement, unless the time for completion
is extended by the ACC upon application and good cause shown.
- No lot shall be re-subdivided, provided, however, nothing
herein contained shall prevent the owner of two or more adjoining
lots from considering the combined area of the two or more lots
as one building lot, in which event, the set-back lines for
building purposes and the easements reserved for utilities shall
be construed and interpreted to apply to the outside lines of
the two or more combined lots and not to the line which is common
to both lots or the interior lines of the lots, if more than
two combined. If two or more lots are combined under the provisions
of this paragraph, they may not in the future be re-subdivided.
- Driveways must have culverts of sufficient size so as not
to restrict the drainage of ditch line, properly installed and
covered with stone. Within one (1) year from the date of completion
of construction of a dwelling on a lot in the subdivision, a
driveway to said home must be paved with concrete or asphalt.
- Natural water or drainage course or surface drainage may not
be altered as to adversely affect any adjoining lot or lots.
Maintenance of water and drainage course across lots shall be
at the owner's expense.
- Unless otherwise designated on a subdivision plat, all buildings
shall be set back at least thirty (30) feet from the center
of the roadway. No building or dwelling shall be constructed
closer than ten (10) feet to a side lot line. In addition to
the easements retained by the Developer in the Declaration,
a utility easement is retained for the benefit of owners of
lots in the subdivision six (6) feet to the left, right, and
parallel to all common side lot lines in the subdivision.
- All homes shall have a sewage disposal system approved by
the Patoka Lake Regional Water and Sewage Company. No mineral
solvents, hydrocarbon substances, or acids shall be discharged
into any septic drainage system, storm drain, or any other open
- Water wells shall not be allowed.
- No animals shall be allowed in the subdivision, with the exception
of domestic dogs and cats.
- No noxious or offensive activity shall be permitted on any
lot or parcel of land in the subdivision, nor shall anything
be done thereon which shall be or become an annoyance or nuisance
to the neighborhood.
- No lot or parcel of land in the subdivision shall be used
or maintained as a dumping ground for rubbish, trash, garbage
or other waste, including but not limited to, junk or inoperable
or unlicensed automobiles, boats, trailers of any sort, and
household waste, which shall be kept in sanitary containers.
All such containers or other similar equipment for the storage
and disposal of garbage or waste materials shall be kept in
a clean and sanitary condition.
- All dwelling houses erected on lots or parcels of land herein
restricted to residential use only shall be constructed in a
good and workmanship like manner and shall be maintained at
all times in a good state of repair. Any exposed block foundations
shall be faced with stone, "cultured stone", stucco,
or other material approved by the ACC.
- No private basketball posts, goals or nets shall be allowed
on individual lots.
- Any fences constructed are subject to approval by the ACC.
- After a home is completed, a lot must be well maintained,
which shall specifically include keeping any lawns well mowed
no higher than four (4) inches; no accumulation of weeds and
tall grass; and, the removal of dead or damaged trees or limbs
promptly. Should an owner not properly maintain his lot, the
Association, after giving the owner appropriate notice and an
opportunity to rectify the situation, shall be allowed to perform
the required maintenance and charge the cost of that maintenance
to the individual owner, plus a ten percent (10%) administrative
fee. Such costs may be collected under the collection mechanism
of Article X of the Declaration.
- No live trees with a circumference of over twelve (12) inches
will be allowed to be cut without the express consent of the
- No damming or obstruction of creeks or streams shall be allowed.
- Residents who own motor homes, camping trailers and boats
shall park or store each vehicle in a manner as not to distract
from the total visual impression and which is consistent with
the environment and fitting of the rustic theme.
- Visitors with motor homes, camping trailers and boats shall
follow the same rule (22). Any vehicle that will be visiting
more than seven (7) days must have permission of the ACC or
- No motorized vehicles, such as motor bikes, four wheelers,
three wheelers, dirt bikes, or similar vehicles shall be allowed
on walking trails or common areas, except the Developer's use
for upkeep and maintenance.
- Motorized, wheeled vehicle activity such as golf carts, four
wheelers, and mopeds, to and from park, common areas and lake
shall not exceed ten (10) miles per hour within subdivision
and shall have working headlights and taillights, and the lights
must be used from dusk to dawn.
- There shall be no hunting or discharge of any firearms within
the Patoka Station LLC, Patoka Meadows Development property
at any time.
- Upon purchase of Lot or Lots owner shall plant a minimum of
two trees per lot within the first nine (9) months.
- Owners of any lot shall provide adequate off street parking
facilities for vehicles of guests and occupants of each residence.
- Rubbish, garbage and other waste shall be kept in sealed sanitary
containers concealed from view of roadways and removed from
the premises to appropriate disposal site. Disposal of hazardous
or toxic substances are prohibited.
- Outside lighting must not violate other residents' areas.
Dusk to dawn, mercury vapor lighting is prohibited.
- All signs are prohibited in areas designated upon any recorded
subdivision plat as residential, except:
||Signs erected by the Association
for identification of streets, traffic control and directional
||Signs of a temporary nature
advertising property for sale and construction signs which
shall not exceed five (5) square feet in area; and
||Signs erected by the Developer
in connection with its sales program.
- No provision of these Protective Covenants shall preclude
the Developer in furtherance of its sales program from erecting,
maintaining, and utilizing model houses in area designated upon
a recorded subdivision plat as residential for such purposes
as it may consider necessary during its sales program.